Monday, December 22, 2014

Holidays & Fun, with a dab of Sexy Thrown In....

Well friends,

I tried to give you a little something extra this holiday season and Holiday Desire was born! 

* * *

Desiree Stewart was no doormat and she was finally fed up. Christmas was a time for love and family, but for Desiree, this holiday had been her wake-up call. After her no-good boyfriend showed his true colors right before Christmas and she caught him with another woman, Desiree was ready to move on. The only person who could understand her was Jackson. Her friend, her confidante, and the one man who had always been there for her.

Jackson Banner was ready to walk away and never look back. For more than three years, the only woman he had wanted was Desiree, but she had been too blind to see what he had to offer. Well, patience be dammed. It was time for him to get his very own Christmas gift and Desiree was it. This time, he was calling the shots and Jackson was willing to put it all on the line.



EXCERPT:

“Desiree, we’ve been friends for a long time, and that will never change. I hope you know I’m always here for you, but I can’t do this anymore.” He turned to sit on the edge of the loveseat, his large hands resting on his thighs. “Actually, I won’t do this anymore.”

At his words, Desiree’s heart seemed to stop beating. Was Jackson telling her they could no longer be friends? Jackson had specifically said he wanted them to stay friends after that botched first time together, and somehow they had managed to muddle through. Jackson had been so good to her since they had met—why would he not want to be friends anymore?

No, that couldn’t be right, maybe she was jumping to conclusions. Okay, now she was confused. Oh, fuck, she was about to hyperventilate and pass out right in his living room. Not have Jackson in her life anymore? Not be able to call him after a long day and just shoot the breeze or stop by for a well-cooked dinner and some snuggling? No, this couldn’t be happening to her. Jackson was too important to her for him to just walk out of her life.

Wait…Jackson was too important to her? Only as a friend? No. More than that. He was more than just a friend. As soon as Desiree thought it, she knew there was so much more between them. Jackson had been there for her through thick and thin, and then some. Desiree loved coming to his house at night because Jackson took care of her. He fed her, talked to her, laughed with her, and he always comforted her when she needed it the most.

Yes, Jackson was so much more than just a good friend. And after all this time, she needed to open her eyes to what was right in front of her. All that effort she had wasted on Victor, a man who could never measure up to Jackson, might have ruined her chances to have something real. Now she was on the verge of losing the one person who had truly been there for her. No, this had to be a mistake.

Almost afraid of what she might hear, she took a deep breath and plunged ahead. “Jackson, what do you mean you won’t do this anymore?” Without giving him a chance to speak, she continued, “Do you want me to stop coming over as much? I know you have a lot going on, and you’re real busy with work. I know that me hanging around here all the time probably messes things up for you. Just, I’m not sure what you mean.” On pins and needles, she paused for Jackson to answer.

“No, it’s not that, but—” Jackson started to respond, but in her nervousness, Desiree didn’t let him finish.

“I know I’m always calling you when things go wrong with Victor, but that’s over now. I won’t do that anymore. Not after tonight. He was all wrong for me, and I finally see that now. I need someone who cares for me, who listens to my stories, who understands my world.” Taking a deep breath, she said the one thing she had never thought would ever pass her lips.

“I need you, Jackson. You’re my perfect guy, and I thought our chance was ruined after that first day when everything seemed to go wrong. Maybe that’s why I stayed with Victor. Because I couldn’t have you.” The shock, and truth, of what she’d said caused Desiree to quickly shut her mouth and lift her gaze to Jackson’s face.

That quirky smile she loved so much, the one that showed off Jackson’s boyish charm and good looks, graced his beautiful mouth. No wonder both men and women flocked to him. “So, I’m your perfect guy?”

“Well, I know we’re just friends”—Desiree was doing the quickest tap dance she could—“and I don’t want to mess that up by trying to start something you don’t want.” What a way to ruin a friendship in six seconds flat.

Jackson lifted up from the side of the loveseat and took three steps toward Desiree, bringing their bodies flush against each other. “Oh, Desiree.” He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her close, his gaze catching hers. “What if I want more? What if all I’ve ever wanted was you?”

Purchase Link: Holiday Desire
Coming Soon to All Romance Ebooks, Nook, and Kindle..Stay Tuned.

Happy Reading!
Reana 

No comments:

Post a Comment